Rural Estate-Property Manager
Rural Estate-Property Manager
Newmarket region, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Estate-Property Manager
1. Local properties – farm-related
- Coordinate all necessary work related to land use.
- Interface with family-owned commercial property management business regarding certain property expenses.
- Understand work assigned to on-site employee.
- Interface with family-run farming business and third-party farmers as required.
- Coordination of issues involving neighboring properties.
- Create organisational systems where necessary for barns and agricultural buildings.
2. Personal family residences
- Coordination of cleaning services, home security, repairs, monitoring of utility accounts, landscaping, snow removal, window cleaning, etc.
- Coordinate deliveries and repairs, will require being on site.
- Oversee renovations, manage contractors when on-site.
- Review and approve invoices.
- Available on-call for security or emergency issues.
- Adaptable to standards and desires of various family members.
3. Family Office premises
- Coordination of office occupancy, furnishings and move-in.
- Coordinate necessary furnishings, repairs, cleaning (interface with family-owned commercial property management business).
- Ensure security systems/access are functioning as planned.
4. Family member requirements
- Assist with automotive/other motorized acquisition/maintenance/delivery.
- Additional services as further defined.
5. Out-of-country recreational property
- Main interface with local property manager.
- Ensure proper coordination for readiness of all arrivals.
- Coordinate various maintenance issues and ensure work is done as per contract.
- Approve property-related invoices, assist in tracking maintenance costs.
- License/maintenance of local vehicle, assist in coordination of insurance.
- Monitor utility accounts.
6. Out-of-country rental property
- Oversee rental program.
- Coordinate necessary repairs/replacements.
- Maintain contents inventory list.
- Monitor revenue and expenses.
- Coordinate inventory, installation and safekeeping.
- Assist in coordination of insurance requirements.
- For all tasks, proper process and complete documentation will be expected including regular submission of written reports.
- At all times, ensure complete privacy of issues relating to family members or the family office.
- High-level of financial accountability and reporting.
- Understand objectives.
- Prepare and implement procedures and systems to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Vendor negotiation.
- Coordination with associated businesses.
- Minimum of five (5) years in property management.
- Must be process-driven with the ability to handle multiple priorities while interacting effectively with family members and all levels of staff.
- Must be flawless in organisational ability.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must be seen as instantly confident, competent and credible by family members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet expectations and deadlines, perform other duties as and when required.
- The role is active and hands-on, the successful candidate will be physically fit and able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Honesty, integrity, competence, tenacity, enthusiasm, creativity, professionalism and drive.
- Ability to complete minor home and property maintenance issues.
- Knowledge of automated home systems (alarm, lighting, etc.).
- Experience in agricultural and rural settings is an advantage.
- Engineering and agricultural technical skill is an advantage.
- Must have a car in good working order.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
According to experience.
Job Additional Information
- Medical/Dental benefits package provided.
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
Job Starting Date
In consideration of the succesful candidate.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.
Job posting reference # C1421 – Rural Estate-Property Manager